Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What the?

Most of the time I can't believe I am pregnant. In fact, almost every morning I forget that I have a belly. It's quite the shocker when I look myself in the mirror. Doodle moves quite a bit though to remind me he's around and growing. I love that.
Why is it that I still don't feel that pregnant even though I am further along? Don't get me wrong, the baby kicks, acid reflux, and throwing up in my mouth never ceases, but the fact that I will have a baby in three months still seems out of this world.
Maybe I am just in a daze in my life... I still can't believe it's Christmas time and it's 3 days before the big day! I have baked well over 400 cookies in the past three weeks, read Christmas stories, spent nights decorating and doing Christmas crafts with Ryan, listened to hours of Christmas music, watched Christmas movies, gone to Christmas parties and plays and have been spending extra time on the people around me in various ways... and yet I still can't believe it's Christmas! Ryan has even been giving me the 12 days of Christmas this year! Maybe it's the swaying palm trees and the lack of decor around town that is throwing me off. Still, I am trying to absorb and think about Christ and Christmas, culturally, as much as I can. I love this time of year and I don't want it slipping by without a good fight!

3 comments:

  1. I just looked at your ticker-only 83 days to go! Doesn't that sound like YEARS away? 3 months is better :) Hooray to being 7 months in January! muahaha.

    If you get a chance mail me a Christmas cookie, they sound so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! I know, I can't wait till I break the 70s! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I´ve finally caught up on your blog!! I can´t believe your 7mos already!! It feels like yesterday that I heard the news!! I can´t wait to meet doodle!! <3 krystal

    ReplyDelete