Monday, June 21, 2010

Mexican ranch!

So, this past weekend was Girls' Camp for our Stake. Since I work with the YW in our ward, I went to camp. It was... fun. I will admit that I haven't really been a fan of YW camp in the past. I liked the year my Mother organized it, because she made the schedule nice and flexible. Camping to me is relaxing and enjoying nature. I feel like in girls camp you are always running from one thing to the next. Oh well... I still enjoyed spending time with all the YW. and actually did have fun with some of the activites.
Ryan came along with Memo, the YM pres.. They were the priesthood holders in absence of our bishop.
The first day, we got to camp, did getting to know you activites, ate lunch, and sat around a fire. Of course it rained quite a bit before bed so we had some problems with flooding in some tents. They aired out okay and things resumed nicely. I forgot to take pics of the first day... but here is what happened on the second!

Day two: We woke up early, did some streches, then headed for our walk.

Here is a view from the ranch, early that morning.

My handsome Fronk!

Ryan and I posing under some cactus that we found on our walk.

Above is a cute little frog that Fronk found on our walk... beneath is a picture of all the Young Women at Girls' Camp.

Here is a group shot of most of the Young Women in our ward that made it to camp

Here is a picture of what our hike looked like

Ryan striking a pose after the walk

After the walk we ate breakfast... yes it was an early walk (What girls' camp isn't complete without having activities until midnight, then waking up at the crack of dawn)! After lunch the boys started taking down the tents.
While packing up the tents the boys found this lovely spider lurking underneath our things! Eck!

And as the boys were busy packing up tents, I was busy doing activities (like relay races, telephone, etc.) with the Young Women. During one such activity, something in the distance caught my eye...
... it was Memo with a piece of tent tied around his neck running around like a superhero, and Ryan, in all seriousness, taking pictures! What the!? There is no doubt these boys are still young at heart!

Here is a picture of me and the Young Woman during the relay race. I am proud to report that we took first place!

After the activities we were free to do whatever we wanted at the ranch. They had blow up toys, tirolesa, and of course... a mechanical bull. So, of course Ryan gave it a go... not sure what happened to the camera at this point... but, here he is!

The after-riding-bull look. Yeah, I guess it hurt quite a bit... he wasn't at all interested in trying it twice!

And that's about it. After the free time, we ate lunch, then headed back home at five. It might as well have been midnight again, because we were exhausted!


  1. I keep thinking what an excitin adventure you are having. OK, so what airport are you closest to??

  2. DF, Mexico City!!!!! Come, come, come!!! You aren't even that far if you wanted to drive! What part of Tejas are you in!?