Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Im back!

Hello again.
I am going to try to fill in some of the gap from the past four or so weeks!
So, Ryan and I have had one busy month. We have been very involved in our ward out here. We are currently working with the youth and loving it! The teenagers in our ward are awesome! So smiley and always up for a chat. I really am so impressed and wonder if I was this good when I was their age. I don't remember being so level with my hormones.
For the past several weeks Ryan and I have been working on the weekends with the youth. We also have several nights at the church throughout the week. In fact we weren't planning to have a weekend to ourselves for about a month and a half or maybe two. So last weekend was a blessing in disguise. We set our alarm for 130 am again so that we could make the ward temple trip. Well, somehow the alarm wasn't set correctly and we woke up at 245. Ops! Well, of course we missed that one. We ended up sleeping in, cleaning our very dirty house, running errands and just getting our lives on target! What a great day!
Next week Ryan will be on a work trip in L.A. and I will be by myself. So, I invited all 12 of my YW over for a sleepover one night. Is that crazy? I think it should be fun and the YW pres. will be with me too, so that will help. I am excited. I don't think that I have had a girl's night in a year! prob longer.
Also, we have felt like making an addition to the family! Not a baby yet, though we have spent quite some time considering the idea and who knows! Ha! So, anyways, we decided to get a dog! (Mom I still want my cat, so don't worry, Ryan hasn't won the war yet;(he doesn't really care for cats)) I am soo excited to get her right now... okay, so let me back up. We first went to a bunch of dog shelters to try and find a dog. I prefer to save a dogs life then just get a puppy. We fell in love with a sweet medium sized female. She was extremely affectionate and instantly clinged to us. We went home to think it over, then went back the next day to try some dog tests on her. She didn't mind being manipulated but Ryan tried to show her how to sit and she froze. She wouldn't move and she looked bit put out. We really wanted her and were planning to take her home that day, but we both started feeling nervous around her, something I don't want to have to worry about while Ryan is out of town. So we decided to keep looking. Ryan really wants a German Shepherd and after looking at several different shelters decided that there weren't any. So, we decided to go to the classifieds and there we found German Shepherd puppies. We went to see them a cpl days ago and Ryan fell in love with one of the girls. I had wanted to get an older dog to bypass the puppy stages, call me crazy, but Ryan is just so darn excited about her. So we talked with the owner and he is going to let us take her for a night to see how she fares with us. So, we are going to get her in an hour! I spent the afternoon googling German Shepherds and whatnot and of course am now so excited to get her. I also stopped at a pet store and of course I wanted to buy a collar on the spot. So needless to say, I am happy to have a puppy now. Plus, Ryan is a kid in a candy shop with this dog, which is pretty incredible if you are familiar with Ryan's feelings about getting a dog. And of course, we will make her an outdoor dog, upon Ryan's persistent request... but I am still going to house train her just in case;)
So if we end up keeping her I will post pics, if not, let the hunt continue!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Ohhhh I am so jealous! And... I miss you SO so so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know-it gets confusing trying to find blogs.. www.tewinlove.com

    but there ya go! Chunk really isn't ferocious, he just likes to harass the stuffed animals. :) If you click his picture next time it'll pull up more pictures/stories.

    I love reaidng your blog, I've felt so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan - I am not a cat person either, mostly b/c of their litter box and the smell that never seems to leave the house. However, I rescued a cat and was able to train him to use the toilet to do his business fairly quickly. It's great and I totally love him - I would die if something happened to him.

    ReplyDelete