Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Foooood!!!

Tonight we are having a couple LDS missionaries over for dinner. As Ryan is home and we are having two young guys over for dinner, I am making something hearty. I am making Pasta with Basil Cream Sauce, salad, rolls, and pie. The recipe that I found for the pasta sauce, is without fail, a hit every time I make it. The flavor is wonderful and of course there is all that cream which leaves your stomach begging for a second helping. Yes, it's one of those lean-back-in-your-chair-as-you kick-yourself-for-over-eating recipes.
As some of you might know, I almost never memorize recipes and never remember how I tweak them either. I try to write notes, but in the end I think half of what I make is forgotten and difficult to find or reinvent again. This is not one of those. Thankfully I found the recipe online and somehow I always manage to find the correct page again.
This basil cream sauce is made by Chef Vogel and after a little further investigation, discovered that he has his own website of recipes. Once I find a good recipe, I tend to experiment with others from the same webpage. I haven't ventured into the other recipes...yet, but I can assure you that if the only recipe you walk away with is the Basil Cream Sauce, you will be content.
Here is the site:
www.foodforthoughtonline.net
I hope all you aspiring chefs enjoy!

Ps, the cream sauce is very quick and easy to make! I usually add peas or roasted peppers for a little more color and variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment