Friday, April 15, 2011

Made it!

Ahhh, it is Friday and we are back in Mexico!!!

We flew from Madison to Mexico City on Wednesday. Then took the shuttle bus from Mexico City to Queretaro.

I can't tell you how nervous I was to travel with a three week old. When I was 8 months pregnant and flying from Mexico to Wi, Easton moved a ton through each flight! I was so nervous that this was going to be a foreshadow of the trip back. I was pleasantly wrong.

I could not have asked for a more perfect traveling experience (minus the fact that Ryan and I were exhausted). Easton slept both flights and was awake in the airports. When he was awake, I don't think he could have been more happy. I think I can say that the kid was in awe. He kept looking at all the people and different things. I began to realize how much Easton likes to be stimulated. I am surprised that my three week old likes to see so much. Must be a Frank:) because I am much more of a home body.

Even at home, during his awake hours, he is most content when you walk around the house in and out of different lighting. He tends to turn his attention to the sunnier spots. Boy after my own heart, we both have an attraction to the sun.

So anyways, I was grateful nobody touched him, sneezed near him, or anything of the sort in the airports. He seems to have made it intact! Ha, I am a worry wort.

The next day, Thursday, was not so hot! Almost as bad as day five of Easton's life when he refused to eat for twelve hours! So yes, Thursday we were all exhausted. We got to our house at 1 am that morning, then of course there were the routine feedings throughout the night and for some terrible reason we all woke up at 7 am. We ran errands all morning (we had no food in the house and needed to pay bills before our water and electric was shot off again). I nearly had breakdown number two by 4 in the afternoon when we finally finished running.

After a 10 pm to 9 am wake up and sleep routine (I am not a nap taker so I just reserve 12 hours at night to get my sleep in between feedings) last night, I feel so much better!

So blessed by Wednesday and can't get much more tired than Thursday!
Cheers Easton and Ryan!

1 comment:

  1. I hope things calm down for you. We love you and keep thinking about you all the time. Hang in there, it gets easier.

    We all send out love.

    ReplyDelete